Thursday, July 1, 2010

one day having a blog will be useful. in the meantime...


i'm hittin up oldies night at the knockout with agata tomorrow night. i'm pretty excited, since i've been wanting to return to oldies night for almost a year and watching the beatles movie last night got me in the right head space. and maybe there will be cute boys to stare at awkwardly until they catch me looking.

also, i'm not gonna question my desire to color so much anymore. i've not worked on any art since the end of the semester (about a month), and i've decided my coloring impulse is my psyche's way of releasing some creativity in a soothing, theraputic way, no?
because i mean, i'm not really flexing my artistic muscles when i stretch saran wrap around wedges of cheese all day, and all this crafty brilliance has to go SOMEwhere. ;)

in other news, my freegan experiment is going surprisngly well. i made friends with the bread vendor and snagged a couple free loaves to stick in my freezer. if nothing else, at the end of the two weeks, i'll be surviving off of bread.
ya know, i never realized how much my small food purchases actually add up. if it wasnt for this self-imposed challenge, i'd be indulging in my cravings the way i usually do: a bag of chips here, a chocolate bar there, and spending more.
i kinda dig it.

ps. agata says my 'its my birthday' excuse has yet to expire. re: tomorrow night will be epic.

money spent on food: zero.

current music: michelle shocked - when i grow up.
current mood: encouraged.

No comments:

Post a Comment