Wednesday, June 16, 2010

"i hate to brag, but i sell tupperware"

ive had a rough few days. my work has decided itd be great for me to learn how to identify 350 different kinds of produce on sight alone, and memorize a 4-digit code for each one. ive spent the past two days overwhelmed and miserable.
up until now, my minimum wage job cutting, wrapping and displaying cheese had a sense of novelty to it. it was the job i got to get back on my feet after breaking up an engagement, and yes, it was far beneath me and my skills, but i enjoyed the opportunity to keep my hands busy and talking with customers helped keep me out of my head. it was easy, it was breezy, it passed the time. but now the learning about 8different types of apples (most of which come in 2 sizes, meaning 2 different codes) and their corresponding magical numbers has turned into an added stress that just isnt worth it.

no thank you. ill be quitting asap.

couple work stress with a particularly rough therapy session today (im not crazy, just traumatized), and all i want to do is curl up on my couch with a bottle of wine, chocolate cake, and old episodes of the wonder years.

instead i spent the day crafting, and rediscovered my fondness for construction paper. it must recall childhood memories for me because i found the colors and textures oddly comforting. simpler times, i suppose. but working with the paper led to lots of cursing over elmers glue sticks. 'extra strength' my ass.

for tomorrow, i promised agata i'd go with her to check out the band of a guy she has a crush on. it sounds so high school when i type it out like that.

yesterday was another run of (self-imposed) 'try something new tuesday'. the only new thing i tried was to be a more courteous and considerate driver. and i failed at that.




currently listening: lissy trullie - ready for the floor
current mood: defeated

No comments:

Post a Comment